- On-site, shop and remote technology support actions including performing desktop and laptop builds, post-sales break-fix work, projects, migrations, moves/adds/changes, etc.
- Working on a variety of hardware products (servers, workstations, etc.) from Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc., fire-wall products, antivirus and anti-malware software, operating systems, cloud applications, monitoring software, etc.
- Work select First Responses escalations through to completion or to next escalation.
- This position will be the primary onsite and shop contact for the Network Operations Center & Service Desk and will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving client issues. This position will also handle select escalations from first responders.
- Maintain reporting, documentation, issue resolution, communication, and client satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate and interact successfully with a diverse customer base to develop rapport and maintain positive interaction.
- Maintain a high attention to detail.
- Work both independently and as a team member.
- Probe into and achieve understanding of a problem or request in order to offer the most appropriate possible solution.
- Travel to client sites to deliver onsite technical support, resolving them expeditiously and professionally
- Work with internal and external staff and partners, escalating issues when appropriate
Attitudes and Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, active listening, and customer-care
- Thrives in a fast-pace environment
- Proactive, responsible, reliable
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Patient, persistent, analytical
- Highly Organized, detail oriented
- Confident, great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator
- Hands on experience and some level of certification in Microsoft Operating Systems, or equivalent knowledge.
- Working knowledge of IT hardware systems
- Able to travel to multiple client sites up to 5 days per week
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in IS/Technology or related field is desired
- Good driving record, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Strong customer service focus and a desire to develop new skills
- 3+ years of experience in IT or similar field support role across multiple industries and environments
- Experience with Managed IT and Cloud Services preferred
- Experience may substitute for educational requirements.
Toughest Parts of the Job
- Balancing multiple issues at the same time
- Working under time constraints and with deadline pressure
- Working with customers that have achieved a level of frustration
- Ability to explain technical situations to non-technical individuals
If you have what it takes, don’t hesitate to submit your resume and cover letter below.