Are you looking for an opportunity to build a career in the technology service field? Do you enjoy working with a team where your contribution will truly make a difference and where you are valued as an individual? How about working for a company that is known for superior client support and service to small and medium business?
If you have a love for technology and helping others, never settle for the status quo, are dedicated to lifelong personal and professional growth, and want to work for a company that cares about you as an individual, this may be the place for you.
We are seeking full time Network Engineers to provide provide technical support to our business clients. This support will be delivered in the field, in shop, and through telephone and remote technical support and will include diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving user hardware, software and application problems, and providing end user training and assistance where required. These are level 2 and level 3 positions.
- Field, shop and remote technology support actions including performing desktop and laptop builds, post-sales break-fix work, projects, migrations, moves/adds/changes, etc.
- Working on a variety of hardware products (servers, workstations, etc.) from Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc., fire-wall products, antivirus and anti-malware software, operating systems, cloud applications, monitoring software, etc.
- Work tickets through to completion or to next escalation.
- This position will be a field and shop contact for the Network Operations Center & Service Desk and will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving client issues. This position will also handle select escalations from first responders.
- Maintain reporting, documentation, issue resolution, communication, and client satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate and interact successfully with a diverse customer base to develop rapport and maintain positive interaction.
- Maintain a high attention to detail.
- Work both independently and as a team member.
- Probe into and achieve understanding of a problem or request in order to offer the most appropriate possible solution.
- Travel to client sites to deliver onsite technical support, resolving them expeditiously and professionally.
- Work with internal and external staff and partners, escalating issues when appropriate.
Attitudes and Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, active listening, and customer-care
- Thrives in a fast-pace environment
- Proactive, responsible, reliable
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Patient, persistent, analytical
- Highly Organized, detail oriented
- Confident, great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator
- Some level of certification in Microsoft Operating Systems or a CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification, or other certification that demonstrates knowledge of desktop/server support and/or networking knowledge
- Working knowledge of IT hardware systems
- Able to travel to multiple client sites up to 5 days per week
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in IS/Technology or related field is preferred
- vGood driving record, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Strong customer service focus and a desire to develop new skills
- 3+ years of experience in IT or similar field support role across multiple industries and environments
- Experience with Managed IT and Cloud Services preferred
- Experience may substitute for educational requirements
- Advanced Networking and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with virtualization required
- Experience with terminal services configuration preferred
- Experience with SAN / iSCSI preferred
- Toughest Parts of the Job
- Balancing multiple issues at the same time
- Working under time constraints and with deadline pressure
- Working with customers that have achieved a level of frustration
- Ability to explain technical situations to non-technical individuals
Job Type: Full-time
If you have what it takes, don’t hesitate to submit your resume and cover letter below.