Information Technology Standards
Minimum Compliance Standards:
In order for Client’s existing environment to qualify for services, the following requirements must be met:
- All Servers with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems must be running a server version of the software with active support under Microsoft’s Modern Lifecycle Policy and have all the latest Microsoft Quality Updates and supported Feature updates installed.
- All Desktop PCs and Notebooks/Laptops with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems must be running a version of Windows 10 Pro or later with active support under Microsoft’s Modern Lifecycle Policy, and have all the latest Microsoft Quality Updates and supported Feature updates installed.
- All devices with Apple Operating Systems must be running a version of the OS with active support under Apple’s Lifecycle Policy, and have all the latest Service Packs and Critical Updates installed. All devices with a Linux Operating System must be running a version of the OS that supports In-Touch’s required tools, has active support, and has all the latest Critical Updates installed.
- VMWare vSphere must have active support and all the latest Critical Updates installed.
- All Server and Desktop Applications must be Genuine, Licensed, and Vendor-Supported.
- Hardware warranty on network and server equipment.
- All supported hardware must be business or enterprise class. If not purchased from In-Touch Computer Services, prior approval is required.
- The environment must have a currently licensed, up-to-date and Vendor-Supported Server-based Antivirus Solution protecting all Servers, Desktops, Notebooks/Laptops, and Email.
- The environment must have a currently licensed, Vendor-Supported Server-based Backup Solution.
- The environment must have a currently licensed, Vendor-Supported Business or Enterprise Grade Hardware Firewall between the Internal Network and the Internet.
- The environment must have Vendor-Supported Business or Enterprise Grade network equipment.
- All network hardware, cabling, or configuration changes must be performed by In-Touch Computer Services or have prior approval.
- Any Wireless data traffic in the environment must be secured with a minimum of 128bit data encryption.
- A publicly routable static IP address assigned to a business-class network device.
- A broadband or equivalent ‘always on’ internet connection with at least 10Mbps Download and 2Mbps Upload speeds is required. For sites with more than 10 PCs or other bandwidth considerations, a higher specification may be required.
- Client web domain name(s) will be transferred to In-Touch Computer Services’ domain name management service.
- All Computers must be left on continuously where possible.
- All Computers must have all required In-Touch Computer Services security and management tools (this is provided by In-Touch Computer Services).
- Proof of Cyber Insurance coverage.
- Written acceptable use policy, password policy, remote work policy, and personal device policy. All users must participate in annual security awareness trainings.
- Administrator rights will only be granted if required to perform assigned duties and upon prior In-Touch Computer Services approval.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) must be enabled.
- Client must either accept full BDR (backup & data recovery) service or waive liability related to data loss.
- All storage devices connected to or installed in managed equipment must be encrypted.
Services rendered under this Agreement do not include:
- Parts, equipment or software not covered by vendor/manufacturer warranty or support.
- The cost of any parts, equipment, or shipping charges of any kind.
- The cost of any Software, Licensing, or Software Renewal or Upgrade Fees of any kind.
- The cost of any 3rd Party Vendor or Manufacturer Support or Incident Fees of any kind.
- The cost to bring Client’s environment up to minimum standards required for Service Compliance.
- Failure due to building modifications, power failures or other adverse environmental conditions or factors. Service and repair made necessary by the alteration or modification of equipment other than that authorized by In-Touch Computer Services, including alterations, software installations or modifications of equipment made by Client’s employees or anyone other than In-Touch Computer Services.
- Maintenance of Application software packages, whether acquired from In-Touch Computer Services or any other source unless as specified in the Scope of Work.
Minimum Compliance Standards are subject to change. Client will be notified at least 90 days prior to any minimum
compliance changes that will affect their network and devices.
The most up-to-date version of these standard can be found at https://www.intouchit.com/it-services/managed-itdepartment/standards